(As Updated May 2018)
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a piece of information which is stored on your hard drive when you visit a website which records how you move around that website. When you revisit that original website it can recognise and present tailored options stored about your last visit, generally improving your user experience. Cookies can also be used to analyse traffic and for advertising and marketing purposes, ensuring that adverts you see online are more relevant to you and your interests.
Cookies are used by nearly all websites and do not harm your system.
You can find more information about cookies including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them at:
Cookies are either:
- Session cookies – stored on your computer during your web session and automatically deleted when you close your browser. These usually store an anonymous session ID which allows you to browse a website without having to log in to each page. They do not collect any personal data from your device
- Persistent cookies – stored as a file on your computer, these remain when you close your web browser, and can be read again by the website that created it when you next visit that site. We use persistent cookies for Google Analytics.
Cookies can also be categorised as:
- Strictly necessary cookies – essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies services you have asked for, like shopping baskets or e-billing, cannot be provided. They can not be turned off and do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you have been on the internet.
- Performance cookies – these cookies collect information about how you use our website so that we can improve how it works for our customers, for instance which pages are visited most often, and if there are any error messages from web pages. They do not collect information that identifies you as it is aggregated and therefore anonymous.
- Functionality cookies – these cookies allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. For instance, a website may be able to provide you with local weather reports or traffic news by storing in a cookie the region in which you are currently located. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
By using our website, you agree that we can place these type of cookies on your device.
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). For more information please see //jsfdrivingschool.co.uk/privacy-policy/
Cookies in use on this website:
|CRM Software||third party||about 1 month|
|Facebook.com||third party||about 3 months|
Cookies associated with showing Facebook links. Includes cookies: fr
|Google Analytics||third party||about 1 day, some 2 years|
Cookies associated with Google Analytics Tracking. Includes cookies: _ga, _gid, _gat
|HotJar||third party||1 year|
Use use HotJar for monitoring website usage and for running polls. Include cookies: _hjIncludedInSample, _hjDonePolls
|WP-Spamshield||session||about 1 hour|
Cookies associated with our spam protection software. Cookies include: _wpss_p_ , _wpss_h_, JCS_INENREF, JCS_INENTIM
|YouTube||third party||between 1 day to 1 year|
Cookies associated with showing YouTube videos. Includes cookies: VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE, GPS, YSC, PREF